TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I hereby certify that I am nineteen (19) years of age or older, and agree to abide by the Membership Policy of the Okanagan Club for Skiing, Sports and Socials (hereinafter referred to as “Okanagan Club”).
In consideration of Okanagan Club accepting my application of membership and permitting my attendance at Okanagan Club events and activities, I hereby agree as follows:
- TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may have in the future against the Okanagan Club and its directors or Executive members, agents, and representatives (all of whom are collectively referred to as “the Releasees”), and to release the Releasees and save them harmless from any and all liability and loss, damage, injury or expense that may occur as a result of my attendance at any Okanagan Club event, activity or ski trip due to any cause whatsoever including negligence, breach of contract, or breach of any statutory or other duty of care owed under the OCCUPIERS LIABILITY ACT, R.S.B.C. 1979, c303, on the part of the Releasees.
- TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY the Releasees from any and all liability for any damage to property of or personal injury of any third party resulting from my attendance at Okanagan Club events, activities, or ski trips.
- THIS AGREEMENT shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns, and representatives in the event of my death or incapacity.
- THIS AGREEMENT shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia; and
- ANY LITIGATION involving the parties to this Agreement shall be brought within the Province of British Columbia. In entering into this Agreement, I am not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements made by the Releasees other than what is set forth in this Agreement.
Members must be nineteen (19) years of age or older.
Members must be in good standing (annual Membership dues paid up-to-date) to be entitled to the benefits and privileges of the Okanagan Club.
Only Members in good standing will be entitled to attend ski trips and Summer Olympic camping events and other events that may be designated for Members only by the Okanagan Club from time to time.
Members must agree to abide by the by-laws, policies, and rules of the Constitution of the Okanagan Club, as defined under the Societies Act of British Columbia.
Members understand and agree to conduct themselves responsibly and respectfully at all Okanagan Club events. Any illegal, abusive, or disrespectful behavior or comments (including social media postings) will not be tolerated and shall be considered just cause for immediate loss of membership without refund of any fees paid. Memberships may be revoked at the discretion of the Okanagan Club Executive.
Memberships are not transferrable.
Members understand that pictures of Okanagan Club events and members are posted on the Club’s website and or social media from time to time, and CONSENT to their pictures being posted.
Any disputes with the Okanagan Club’s policies or procedures must be submitted in writing to the Executive.
There will be no refunds of membership dues once payment has been made to the Okanagan Club.